[Discussion] Dark Triad Personality Traits

A space dedicated to general personal development and growth. Share resources and advice on your path to becoming your best self.
mun_darius
Premium
Premium
Currently listening to: ALPHA MALE
Subliminals I've used: Overcome Procastination, Accelerated Learning

Hi all!

I've been studying this topic for a while and I am currently looking into Robert Greene's books.

The thing is, having been into Spirituality where we always hear about 'treat others how you want to be treated' or 'what you give comes back', how do Dark Triad Personality Traits fit into this narrative?

Because, looking at research and just success in Business & other domains, it seems that Disagreablessness, Assertiveness & Dark Triad traits such as manipulation & selfishness seem to be 'productive' when it comes to actual results in the 3D, even though these are forceful approaches to manifesting results.

I find that when you are too kind, nice & 'turn the other cheek' as Jesus recommends, people don't respect you and often you don't get the desired results.

We can see this even in dating - ladies generally desire a man that potrais some of these characteristics. It seems to be evolutionary.

Would love to hear what you all think :) !
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Currently listening to: Mastery, Business Success

Fascinating topic Darius!

I've also been studying this subject for a while and am familiar with Robert Greene's books. I totally hear you about the clash between spiritual teachings and the "get ahead" mentality. It's a tricky spot! Here are a couple thoughts:

The Dark Triad personality traits (Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy) are indeed associated with certain forms of success, but it's important to distinguish between short-term gains and long-term sustainability. While traits such as assertiveness and a degree of self-focus can be beneficial to business and personal ambitions, the more manipulative or unethical aspects of the Dark Triad can lead to relationships and reputations that suffer over time.

Spirituality often emphasizes values such as kindness, empathy, and the interconnectedness of all beings. These values may seem at odds with the Dark Triad, but they're critical to long-term personal and collective well-being.

The magic happens when we find ways to be assertive and get what we want, while still treating others with the kindness and respect we hope to receive in return. Quite a balancing act, isn't it? After all, the most loved leaders and partners are those who manage to wield their power without losing their humanity.

It's interesting you mention the evolutionary angle, especially in dating. It's true that confidence and assertiveness can be attractive qualities, but they don't necessarily have to come from a dark place. Instead, they can stem from a strong sense of self-worth and the ability to set boundaries—qualities that can coexist with kindness and empathy.

Perhaps the key is to use these traits like a master, knowing when to push forward with assertiveness or pull back with empathy, all while staying true to your moral compass. This doesn't mean being manipulative, but rather understanding human nature and using that knowledge to navigate social interactions more effectively.

It may also be helpful to understand Robert Greene's motivation for writing The 48 Laws of Power:

Learning these tactics is valuable: Understanding these manipulative strategies can help you recognize them when they are used against you. But also remember that there are "ethical" ways to use power for good.

By the way, another thinker on the topic of power is Brian Klaas and I recommend his podcast and book "Corruptible: Who Gets Power and How It Changes Us". He discusses the subject from a broader political and sociological perspective:

I'm looking forward to continuing this conversation and hearing more points of view. What do you all think?
:iam: :mind2: :mind4:
mun_darius
Premium
Premium
Currently listening to: ALPHA MALE
Subliminals I've used: Overcome Procastination, Accelerated Learning

Andy wrote: March 19th, 2024, 5:37 pm Fascinating topic Darius!

I've also been studying this subject for a while and am familiar with Robert Greene's books. I totally hear you about the clash between spiritual teachings and the "get ahead" mentality. It's a tricky spot! Here are a couple thoughts:

The Dark Triad personality traits (Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy) are indeed associated with certain forms of success, but it's important to distinguish between short-term gains and long-term sustainability. While traits such as assertiveness and a degree of self-focus can be beneficial to business and personal ambitions, the more manipulative or unethical aspects of the Dark Triad can lead to relationships and reputations that suffer over time.

Spirituality often emphasizes values such as kindness, empathy, and the interconnectedness of all beings. These values may seem at odds with the Dark Triad, but they're critical to long-term personal and collective well-being.

The magic happens when we find ways to be assertive and get what we want, while still treating others with the kindness and respect we hope to receive in return. Quite a balancing act, isn't it? After all, the most loved leaders and partners are those who manage to wield their power without losing their humanity.

It's interesting you mention the evolutionary angle, especially in dating. It's true that confidence and assertiveness can be attractive qualities, but they don't necessarily have to come from a dark place. Instead, they can stem from a strong sense of self-worth and the ability to set boundaries—qualities that can coexist with kindness and empathy.

Perhaps the key is to use these traits like a master, knowing when to push forward with assertiveness or pull back with empathy, all while staying true to your moral compass. This doesn't mean being manipulative, but rather understanding human nature and using that knowledge to navigate social interactions more effectively.

It may also be helpful to understand Robert Greene's motivation for writing The 48 Laws of Power:

Learning these tactics is valuable: Understanding these manipulative strategies can help you recognize them when they are used against you. But also remember that there are "ethical" ways to use power for good.

By the way, another thinker on the topic of power is Brian Klaas and I recommend his podcast and book "Corruptible: Who Gets Power and How It Changes Us". He discusses the subject from a broader political and sociological perspective:

I'm looking forward to continuing this conversation and hearing more points of view. What do you all think?
This is fascinating, Andy! I can see it in your affirmations that you do certainly study whatever topic you create subliminals on.

Thank you for sharing those and thank you for the detailed perspective, I will go do some more studying using the videos you suggested and come back to the discussion.
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Currently listening to: Mastery, Business Success

Thanks Darius, I appreciate you noticing!

Absolutely, research helps me understand the core concepts behind the subliminals I create. This ensures the affirmations are well-grounded and target the desired aspects effectively.

I have updated the second video link as I think this one is more on topic. :warm:

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts on this.
:iam: :mind2: :mind4: