The Power of Music: How Music Shapes Your Reality

Topics that don't need a category or don't fit into any other existing category.
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Currently listening to: Mastery, Business Success

Music is more than just catchy tunes and thumping beats. It's a powerful force that subconsciously influences our thoughts, emotions, and even behaviors. The songs we expose ourselves to don't just entertain us - they shape our minds on a subconscious level.

Words have power, and when coupled with music, their impact is amplified. The lyrics we listen to function almost like affirmations or mantras. The words and concepts get encoded into our brains through repetition.

Music also has the ability to evoke strong emotional responses and put us in heightened emotional states. When we experience profound emotions through music, our subconscious mind is more susceptible to the impressions and programming of the lyrics and messages contained within the songs. The combination of music's ability to stir our feelings and the repetitive nature of lyrics makes it an effective tool for influencing our subconscious beliefs and thought patterns.

The Downside of the Top 40

Unfortunately, much of the most popular mainstream music promotes themes and ideologies that are not in humanity's highest interests. Corporate media machines profit from the dissemination of infectious but corrosive messages dressed up as art and entertainment.

Many popular songs contain lyrics filled with negative affirmations about topics like failed relationships, low self-worth, and limiting beliefs. Messages of heartbreak, self-doubt, negativity, and even violence are woven into countless songs. While the melodies may be catchy, and music can be a healthy outlet for expressing these emotions, a steady diet of negativity can subconsciously seep into our belief systems. These negative lyrics can become our internal soundtrack, playing on repeat and influencing our self-perception and the way we see the world. It's like repeating unhelpful mantras on a continuous loop.

Manifesting with Music

However, we have the power to selectively expose our minds to words, tones and frequencies that serve our greatest aspirations. Don't just let the music wash over you. Pay attention to the lyrics and curate a playlist filled with music that uplifts, inspires, and motivates you. By intentionally surrounding ourselves with music that expresses noble values such as love, consciousness, passion, integrity and growth, we use sound as a tool for personal transformation.

Music is a gift. Properly harnessed, music can be a profound vehicle for self-actualization and awakening. The lyrics, melodies and drumbeats we immerse ourselves in mold our psychologies and realities. By being mindful of the messages we absorb, we can leverage the power of music to shape our reality and manifest the life we desire. So put on your headphones, crank up the volume on positivity, and let the music work its magic.

Curating Your Positive Playlist

Of course, music taste is subjective, so the perfect playlist will vary from person to person. But to get you started, here are some of my personal favorite songs and artists across genres that promote positivity and empowerment:

Remember, this is just a starting point! Feel free to add, remove, or replace tracks that speak to your individual journey and preferences. I encourage you to explore the vast universe of music out there that resonates with your soul and aids in your personal manifestation journey. Happy listening!

I am curious. What are some of your favorite songs that uplift, inspire, or empower you? Share your favorites below. 👇
:iam: :mind2: :mind4:
mun_darius
Premium
Premium
Currently listening to: ALPHA MALE
Subliminals I've used: Overcome Procastination, Accelerated Learning

Yup..... fantastic topic, Andy!

Everything that comes through our senses has the power to affect our subconscious programming which in turn produces our results.

I like Bob Proctor's Stickperson concept as seen in the above, which summarises this.

And - as for some uplifting music, I recommend NEFFEX.

I notice that when I listen to empowering, uplifting music I automatically start visualising my heart's desire and goals. Not only that, it also sparks a lot of 'feeling' which is encouraged when visualising your goals as that's the language of the subconscious!

I would shy away from whatever is mainstream and this doesn't just involve music. It's pretty much everything mainstream - food, hobbies, etc.

The more you become aware, the more evident it becomes that most of it isn't there to raise our consciousness (and I say this in a very light manner). In fact, it does the opposite...
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Darius, thanks for chiming in! Absolutely love your point about sensory input shaping our subconscious.

Bob Proctor's stickperson concept is indeed a powerful illustration of the interaction between our conscious and subconscious minds and the external world. It totally fits with the idea that music, as a form of sensory input, plays a significant role in shaping our thoughts, beliefs, and ultimately, our reality.

On the music tip, gotta say I haven't dived deep into NEFFEX yet, but after listening to a few songs based on your recommendation, I'm hooked! They've got that energetic, positive vibe that gets you pumped and moving in the right direction. Thanks for putting me on to them!

Yes, awareness really is the key. It allows us to discern and consciously choose what we allow into our world. Be more selective about what you allow your eyes to see and your ears to hear!

For example, you see people walking around all day with an earworm going, mindlessly singing lyrics about "always struggling" or "without you, I'm nothing"... without even realizing what they're telling themselves, just because it's a beautiful melody and a "catchy tune."
Well, no wonder some end up feeling broken and worthless ...

Now imagine the opposite - you've got this dope, catchy hook stuck in your head about how attractive and capable you are. Yeah, don't be surprised when those powerful, self-assured vibes start to reflect in your reality too.

And as you mentioned, those emotions the music evokes only amplify the impact of those messages even more. It's crazy influential stuff when you start paying attention to it.
Generalawesome717
Interests: Psychology, History, Earth, Peace, Goals, and of course
Swagger!
Currently listening to: Remove Unconscious Blockages, Accelerated Learning, Overcome Addictions.
Subliminals I've used: SCWL, Hemi-Sync. Silent Subliminals, Mindzoom, Subliminal Recorder studio 9-12, Eqi-sync. Scalar Generator.

I have a few artists that promote positive messages. Sometimes I feel like music is something that needs to be experienced rather then intellectually understood. I used to listen to sad music which would make me cry all the time because I was struggling in life, such as lil happy lil sad, and got into the whole (emo rap) subculture and it seemed that I was trapped in a downward spiral doing drugs, getting into trouble, but most importantly not living up to my full potential.

Now i'm trying to listen to positive hip hop which takes alot more effort to make then sad hip hop, its pretty difficult trying to weave a web of positivity when so much of the music is self-defeating messages and outlets for the ego to poke through.

Personally, I like christian hip hop, such as Zauntee and Sevin (I recently bought like 500 songs from sevin because he had a positive message and that resonated with me) Also City 270 who is probably the best male positive rapper.. And Kharii Who is hands down the best positive female rapper she doesn't have much of a discography that I know of but she's amazing and the songs arent all about her twerking and shaking her butt which is rare in hip hop. Um I enjoy Jellyroll but some of the songs I like are substance related which I have to be careful of.

Tom Macdonald kind of a controversial guy but still good messages to come together as a community and change things for the better. Also theres Handsum who talks about raising his kids right and looking out for his family. And of course Sevin one of the christian hip hop artists. Perhaps 2pac would count he had some bad messages but good messages too, Marky mark and the funky bunch, LL cool J. Lots of rappers from the 70's 80's (early hip hop) Lupe fiasco. Actually now that I think about it theres kind of a sub-genre of hip hop thats positive hip hop not just christian but secular as well.

Does anyone else know of any positive hip hop artists out there? that don't have a message related to drugs and alcohol that are pro-social? Id'e be interested to listen to any new positive music in whatever genre. Iv'e been kind of focusing on rock music from the 70's 80's recently, a good time for empowering music for sure.

Also a few off genre examples are, Darpan (A shaman) and the Flat Earth Paradise track "Ghosts" in fact all of flat earth paradises music he might be kinda crazy, but he makes really great feel good music.

What bands do you guys listen too that are positive?
P.S: Neffex is a great example of positive music, I personally enjoy "Crown" and "Fight Back"
"He who seeks that which cannot be found must look inside himself for further guidance...
Or look harder... " -Decard Cain
Generalawesome717
Swagger!
Currently listening to: Remove Unconscious Blockages, Accelerated Learning, Overcome Addictions.
Subliminals I've used: SCWL, Hemi-Sync. Silent Subliminals, Mindzoom, Subliminal Recorder studio 9-12, Eqi-sync. Scalar Generator.

( - ;
"He who seeks that which cannot be found must look inside himself for further guidance...
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing your musical journey and the artists you've discovered along the way, Generalawesome717. I really appreciate you taking the time to call out specific names like Zauntee, Sevin, City 270, Kharii, Jellyroll, Tom Macdonald, Handsum, 2pac, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, LL Cool J, and Lupe Fiasco. You've given me a bunch of new artists to explore! I'll definitely be checking out the ones I'm not yet familiar with. Always on the hunt for more empowering tunes to add to my playlists!

You're so right that music is something to be fully experienced, not just intellectualized. And in a way, music can be a healthy outlet to express darker emotions, but you just have to be careful not to get trapped by those narratives.

I am a huge hip-hop fan myself! My personal recommendations in this genre are:
Know Self (my all time favorite)
Modern Day Soulja
J Brave
Lukis Mac
Patrick Haize
Kiyoshi
Kyle Bent
Brother Ali
Unknown Prophets

Since you mentioned Christian hip-hop, I think you will really enjoy Unknown Prophets and Modern Day Soulja in particular. Their lyrics are infused with so much spiritual wisdom and motivation. And they also have tracks that dive into the darkness, but with an empowering twist like this one:

At the end of the day, I believe there's uplifting music to be found in every genre - it's just a matter of seeking it out. And when we find those songs that speak to our souls, it's like finding a coach to help us focus our minds on positivity, self-love and success.
Generalawesome717
Swagger!

Tell me what you think of these songs, City 270 is really talented, I listened to everything on modern day souljaz page so far.
Andy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Generalawesome717, thanks for sharing those tracks! I gave them all a listen and I'm really feeling the vibes.

City 270 is definitely a standout. "Old School" really brings back that classic feel while delivering positive, punchy lyrics. But all the tracks you shared have this feel-good energy that just makes you want to move ;) It's clear you have a fantastic ear for finding those unique tracks that not only sound good, but also carry a strong positive message!

I'm stoked that you checked out Modern Day Soulja. He's a gem, isn't he? His music is so uplifting and motivational, like it's speaking directly to your soul, encouraging you to be your best self.

Based on the songs you've shared, here are a few more tracks I think you'll enjoy:

And since we are exploring the impact of music, I gotta share this song by J Brave that beautifully describes the power of music itself:

The lyrics are all about how music can heal, inspire, and uplift - which is exactly what we're talking about here! It's like a theme song for this whole discussion :hahaha:

Keep exploring and sharing that good music, my friend.
Generalawesome717
Swagger!

Damm bro your a tough act to follow those tracks we're amazing.
I got this though I was going to share an Emation song he's on datpiff but they don't have his tracks on youtube or at least none of his bangers heres a couple cool ones. The last two are pretty spiritual and beautiful both Darpan tracks a shaman from Australia I think. Let's not compete over money, but compete to elevate one another :D.
Voltage is an amazing song, my favourite female emcee so far. Spiritual Alchemy is all about transmutation.